What kind of wheels are you driving or towing?
Do you love hitting the open road and seeking adventure in a travel trailer? Then you need the appropriate insurance coverage. ARCW Insurance can help! Travel Trailer or RV coverage will provide protection for the following vehicles:
- Pop-up campers
- Stationary travel trailers
- Park model travel trailers
- Truck-mounted campers
What are the Benefits of a Travel Trailer Policy?
Since your trailer is more than just your vehicle, you need insurance that covers more than a typical auto insurance policy. Consider these unfortunate examples:
- You store things in your travel trailer that you would not keep in your car, including jewelry, a computer, television, outdoor camping gear or a camcorder.
- When parking your trailer at a campsite, you are liable for other people’s safety around your trailer.
- If you have an accident while traveling, you will need a place to stay while the trailer is being repaired.
Without a specific rv insurance policy, none of these would be covered in the event of a loss.
Adventure Seekers… Here’s What You Need to Know:
Travel trailer insurance has similar inclusions as compared to automobile insurance coverage, but it is more comprehensive and specialized for trailer owners.
Types of Coverage Available
Comprehensive/Collision Coverage – Protects your RV from damages, such as fire, landslide, windstorm, vandalism and collision with another vehicle or objects.
Liability-Only Travel Trailer Policy – Protects against accidental damage to other people’s property or personal injury to individuals not listed on your policy.
Money-Saving Discounts Available for Travel Trailer Insurance
- Discounts for a good driving record or multiple policies placed with us
- Increasing your deductible to reduce your out-of-pocket premium
- Option for 12-month policy renewals
- Discounts for owning newer vehicles
- Discounts for mature drivers
Consider also purchasing these rv insurance endorsements for added protection:
- Towing and Roadside Assistance
- Emergency Expenses – Protection in case of a breakdown or damage to your travel trailer
- Total Loss Replacement
- Accessories Endorsements – For items attached to your trailer, such as satellite dishes, antennas and awnings
- Full-Timer Trailer Coverage – For those who live in their travel trailer most of the year
- Campsite/Vacation Liability – Coverage while your travel trailer is parked in an RV park
- Low Branch Collision – Protection against damages from low-hanging branches to your trailer, awnings and air conditioning units
This information is not intended to be exhaustive nor should any discussion or opinions be construed as professional advice. Should you have any questions or would like to discuss your risk exposure with your family’s insurance, please contact the insurance pros at ARCW Insurance. We are here to help.